Our mission is to inspire, educate and entertain by celebrating our coastal traditions, unique environment and the spring return of the grey whale.
Would you like to perform or host an event at a future Pacific Rim Whale Festival?
There are many ways to get involved in the festival from Partnered Events and Sponsorship, to Entertainment, to facilitating an Educational Event!
Below is our policy on participating with the Pacific Rim Whale Festival once we can hold full events again! .
Events and activities listed on the Events Calendar will meet our basic criteria:
- Demonstrate a link to the mission of the PRWF
- Support the Festival’s continuation through financial support or by providing no-cost public events or button events, with a suggested minimum donation of $5.
- Your event must take place during the dates of the Whale Festival unless otherwise approved by the BOD.
- The event or workshop must be non-partisan and not affiliated with a political agenda.
Your event or workshop must also take place in, or be based out of the communities of Tofino, Ucluelet, or the Pacific Rim National Park
* Entertainers and Professional Facilitators will most likely be contacted by our Education Committee to host planned workshops or lecture series. If you have an idea for a workshop you would like to host, please fill out the Speakers and Entertainers Contract below and submit to email@example.com for approval.
Once basic criteria are met, an event will fall into one of three categories:
Anchor Event is a fundraising event that is coordinated by the Whale Festival.
Button Event (or Educational Event) is an event in which attendees purchase a button with the suggested donation of $5. These events are hosted by professional facilitators, marine biologists or educators who qualify to present at the PRWF. Button Events are purchased with a one-time fee that grants access to all festival button events. Some exceptions apply.
Partnered Event is an event that has an admission fee and is completely organized by a business or organization. Partnered events forward a minimum of 25% of revenue in exchange for event marketing and are included on the official festival “Calendar of Events”.
Additional consideration will be given to the following:
- Location of event
- Flexibility of date(s) as per the calendar
- Type of event in relation to other similar events
- Proposed budget
- Educational content
- Number of proposed activities
- Existing or prior relationship to the Festival
1. Read our Event Participation Policy Above.
2. Fill out the following applicable forms*:
- Partnered Event Application Form (if you are applying for approval of a Partnered Event)
- Speaker & Entertainer Contract (if you wish to perform at an event, or host an educational or community event)
- Sponsorship Contract (if you wish to donate Cash or In-kind Services to the Pacific Rim Whale Festival)
* Forward the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than (to be determined for 2022).
3. The PRWFS Board of Directors will review your application, and may ask you questions on various aspects or details of your event. The Board of Directors will then vote to approve your application to become a part of the Festival based on the criteria and considerations on page one.
Depending on the nature of the event, once it is approved, you may be asked to sign an additional contract if conditional phrases apply.
For more information, please contact us!